Wednesday, January 1, 2014

December 2013 in review



Just sharing some highlights of December here in Bagram well and a few of back home



My month started off pretty great, I got to move to a bottom bunk.  Yes I was and still very excited.  Moving to a bottom bunk means no more ladder to get into bed, hanging curtains for a little privacy and that your time is passing.  







Here is my bottom bunk and wall locker, yes that is all my clothes that I have here.  I don’t need much, we wear our uniform every day, pt uniform if you work out and then pj.  It does make deciding what to wear to work every day pretty easy.





This month we have gotten some awesome care packages and the thing we seem to keep asking for is chips and salsa.  I often share this treat as dinner with Christina Chuchuru.

 
 


Also very exciting for me professionally, I was selected as CGO Performer of the Month for my Squadron here in Bagram. (CGO means company grade officer)  I was selected by my OIC (officer in charge), wrote some bullets up about the things I did this month.



I also received many awesome creations from my nieces and nephews, that I have hanging on my wall.  Thank you!



And we got snow here in Bagram, two days before the New Year


On the home front….


Once again we had an awesome football season.  We had a name change from the years past from Mudd Dawgs to Panthers.  Same coaches and team that we have had the last 3 years.  This year they won at the state championships and played in Houston.  


Danny decorated our tree this year, in years past I have always taken the lead on this task, I think he did a pretty awesome job.



The boys received some great gifts for Christmas.  Trent got an Ipad mini and Brice is loving his ‘Jordans’.




This month Danny & I celebrated 12 yrs of marriage.  I love that with all our ups and downs, we are still together and happy that we have the future together to look forward too.


























No comments: