Thursday, November 27, 2008
Happy Thanksgiving
It turned into a pretty great day. My friend-who's husband is also deployed, that lives in the village invited the boys and I over for some turkey grub. The food, conversation and wine were wonderful! We rode our bikes just so I could drink till my hearts content. But we ended up pushing our bikes home, one of the chains came off. And because it was dark and I did not want to risk walking in dog poop to get the the shed, our bikes are parked in the diningroom and living room right now. Today, I also called my parents and my brothers. Talking with my brothers was the interesting part of the day. I called Ben first, who usually does not like to talk long so I was counting on a quick phone call. While we are talking, Alex calls Ben's cell phone. So Ben puts Alex and I on speaker phone so we can have a three way call. LOL. Alex and I thought Ben was nuts. So Alex says bye. Ben calls Greg, so we can do the same thing, have a three way call! It was great to talk with each of my brothers today. I think Thanksgiving is my least favorite holiday. The reason would be the countless ones spent away from family. I do have 2 favorites. My #1 favorite would be one year I was living in Colorado and got a ride to Omaha. Mom, Dad and my brothers were already there. I got in late and the only place left to sleep at my Grandma's house was the floor in the livingroom, with my brothers. My #2 would be one year that we lived in Wyoming and Mom & Dad were doing their US tour. LOL. Their adventure started in Ohio, down to Texas to Las Vegas where they met up with Greg & Colleen that drove in from San Diego. After Mom & Dads pit stop they drove up through Colorado to Wyoming to have Turkey fest with us. Their adventure then took them to Omaha and back home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment