Friday, March 14, 2008

start


my friend Susan has a blog and it cracks me up. so I was thinking having a blog could be fun and a good way to keep track of the everyday things around this house. there are so many things that the boys do that I do not want to forget...so this is a pic of me, right now.


so today I guess my thing is

the day Brice burned his finger with the cigerette lighter in the car- this started because he said he didn't want to go into the postoffice, okay so I paused for a moment to think he would be okay in the car while I ran in (don't judge me here, I was left in the car and I am still alive) so I am coming out of the postoffice and he is running toward me. ugh. and at first he did not tell me what was wrong just that his finger hurt. so we are all back in the car and Brice says he just wants to go home. well then the pain must really start and he starts screaming bloody murder. so I am trying to think where can I get some water or ice. in my time of panic, I just take him to the clinic, no they can not really do anything that I can not do at home, but I do not want to make that 20 min drive home with him screaming. so inside the clinic we run his thumb under cold water at the drinking fountain.


so I am chatting with the nurse she is telling me what to look for and she remembers I am a nurse, then she remembers what DH did last year- the whole not feeling well, let me go to PT and sweat it out, after arriving at the clinic they call an ambulance.


back to the boy, he got an ice pack and was feeling better so we came home. ugh. that boy, so this would be the 3rd time he has burned his fingers. things like this always happen when their dad is gone.

No comments: