The sun was out today so after school we headed over to the park. It was still a little chilly so I had the boys both wear a hat-god for bid they get sick and have to stay home from school!! So we are all having a good time the kids are playing I am talking with my friend Kim...well finally it is time to go home to get dinner ready. I say to my little angel Trent "where is your hat" that sweet little voice says "I buried it in the sand".
My first thought, NICE!!! If you remember, that is my way of not saying anything bad, but thinking it all.
I say to my sweet boy, "okay look for it". After a few minutes he says to me, "uh maybe I should have put an 'X' where I buried it". I could not help but laugh, to him this is a great solution, to me I was still wondering why you buried it.
So a few more minutes pass, I tell Trent to forget the hat, let's go. That boy was not ready to give up yet, so the mother voice in my head says to go help that boy find his buried hat! Off I go, moving sand around with my feet, thinking really how deep could this hat be? My next thought, I may not want to know!
Finally, Success! We have found our buried treasure.
Moral of the story, mom's should keep better track of little boy's hats.
No comments:
Post a Comment