Monday, July 27, 2009
our flight
I have to say I have two experienced travelers, they did very good considering our verrry long day. we all held it together for the good bye, but we are the kind that treat it like a band-aid and just rip it off, quick hug-hug, kiss-kiss see you later, not the standing at security looking back for one more look. so our 3 man traveling team was off, we had some Burger King for breakfast because they sell burgers, I don't like fast food breakfast, gross! we went through another security point. while the boys are asking me what if someone had a bomb, jeez, so I am explaining to the boys we don't talk about guns or bombs at the airport. sit around for a while waiting to board our plane. find our seats on the plane, at the back. we had 2 seats together (boys) and a single across the isle (me) and our own tv monitors, score! the first half of the flight was uneventful. the fun began when we smelled puke, yes a little old lady in front of us barfed. my first thought went to my sympathy barfer, Trent! he then screamed 'ew it smells' I was in his face telling him 'to hold it together, don't lose it on me, he can do this, put his face in his shirt'. thankfully one of the flight attendants had some air freshener. it wasn't so bad after she got cleaned up, except for every time she readjusted her blanket, barf smell filtered out, think covered wagon, joy... and the boys survived each other till about 2 hours till landing and I switched seats with Brice. if you have had the pleasure of meeting Trent you know he is a talker and will talk non stop to anyone! I did not feel right subjecting someone to that, bless his heart. finally 9 hrs of pain is over, off the plane, go through customs and hanging in Detroit for 6 hrs. Sadly, I did not get my apple martini like I planned but we did hit the Golden Arches for a happy meal and ice cream. Then we tested Delta/NWA new fitness program, where they keep changing your departure gate and you go from one end of the concourse to the other 3 times. So on our last pass by the Golden Arches we picked up 6 more cheeseburgers for our last flight. At this point I was pulling out the threats, the boys needed to get on the plane, eat their burgers and take a nap or they would not be swimming the next day. that worked and we landed in TX, found Oma and Papi grabbed our bags, made a pit stop at Waffle House, yum. we were greeted at the house by Georgia girl who stayed awake for our 2 a.m. arrival! Now that was a looong day. it was the next day when I realized I had eaten 4 cheeseburgers the day before, HOLY COW!!!! I have uniforms I need to fit into and weight to make in about 30 days!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love the Delta fitness challenge. I about pulled my stitches reading that! You are a Saint for making a travel like that!
Post a Comment